Overview Unit Converter Window Display
- Selects the number of
Sig Figs to display for the converted value.
- Selects the Unit Type.
- Transfers the converted value to the
Input Field in the main calculator window.
- Initiates the conversion.
- This is the enter field for the number that is to be converted. The default is 1.
- Displays the original value with its selected units and the converted value with its new units
Click on "Next Button" for more information.
- If you are watching this page from PC or Mac you can follow window version presentation above. The concept is the same for Android. (Android browser cannot handle this script).
- SigFig selection in main calculator is follow in UC.
- In the Input Output Display (IOD), move the pointer to any number and press the UC button. The number will then be transfer to the Unit Converter. If the pointer is on an empty line, the number "ONE" will be the initial number to be converted.
- To change the initial value in the UC, press on the display and the soft keyboard will appear. You can change the initial value any time during the conversion setup.
- A prefix always refers to the last selected unit. If the unit type is not selected, the number is converted to the indicated exponent.
e.g. 1m = 0.001
- To start conversion setup, first select the unit type you are using and a new pull down menu will be displayed to select the unit FROM, which are the units your number begins as, the UC will convert automatically the specified unit to a corresponding SI unit.
e.g. 1.0[ft] = 0.3048 [m]
- Unique to this UC, is the conversion of derived units (e.g. the unit type speed can be defined as length over time). For example, after selecting the unit type Speed and then the derived unit length option, two new pull down menus will be displayed, consisting of length and time units. Now you can select any combination of units of length and units of time. The UC will automatically convert the selected units to SI units.
- When you are done with seting the units FROM and the SI units are not what you want the result of the conversion to be in, press the "Switch to Convert TO units" button. Now you can set the units TO.
- If you want to start over or change the unit type, you can press at any time the "Reset UC" button.
- If you want the result of the conversion to transfer to the calculator's IOD you can press at any time the "Transfer result to calc." button. The converted number will be transferred to the IOD where the pointer is located.